Saturday 20 October 2012

Early Reading Books by Julia Donaldson

My beautiful sister Shannon has two amazingly adorable teeny tiny daughters,  Miss Bronte Brown (3) and Miss Clara Bear (1). Miss Bronte is of course the brightest and most creative neice of all time. She goes to Kindy every Friday and I love hearing about their strories at mat sessions and all with ipads for each child. She is a little sponge and I thought as her Aunty-Teacher, it would be the perfect time to give her a set of the Oxford Reading Tree readers by Julia Donaldson. The text focuses on early decoding with a good mix of cvc words (top, dig, cat...) and high frequency words (I, the, was, it ...).

Bronte reading 'Oxford Reading Tree' reader


My own gorgeous daughter Miss Olivia sat with Bronte and one of the books and as any good teacher would, helped her sound out the words. She is too clever, she can now blend the sounds to make a word and we're all sure she'll be reading them independently really soon. She just loves books and I'm such a proud Aunty and am so thankful that my beautiful neices have had such a good start to their introduction of books and lifelong reading journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comments